Star West Painting & Epoxy Make Your Floors Shine.
Star West Painting & Epoxy now offers Epoxy Floors
Our epoxy floor specialist has years of experience to increase the STAR services we offer.
Advantages epoxy floor
- Epoxy floors are resistant to a large number of chemicals such as solvents and acids;
- The floors are decorative. Epoxy floors are available in many different colors and designs. It is possible to create a concrete look or to sprinkle the floor with flakes;
- Because of the fast application there is only a minimal work interruption;
- Epoxy floors are very easy to maintain. After all, the floors are seamless and liquid-tight and therefore easy to clean, benefiting hygiene;
- Epoxy floors combine well with underfloor heating. Very sustainable. In combination with underfloor heating you save energy and you no longer have radiators in sight, saving space. The floor has no seams or edges, it completely blends into the space.
- Robust. This makes epoxy floors suitable for heavy use and mechanical loads, such as forklift traffic in warehouses, workshops and production areas.
Where To Use Epoxy Flooring
- Commercial projects:
schools, offices, shops, retail stores etc.
Disadvantages epoxy floor
- Epoxy floors are hard and therefore there is contact noise during walking. For that reason, flexible polyurethane floors are usually used in office spaces and homes.
- Without underfloor heating an epoxy floor feels somewhat cold, similar to tiled floors.
- If there are unevenness or cracks in the substrate, ripples can become visible in the floor. This only happens if the epoxy floor can no longer bridge existing cracks. The floor adheres to the substrate. It is therefore important to apply epoxy floors only on a smooth surface. If the surface is not even, you must first repair it. HIM has a thixotropic paste based on epoxy resin and lightweight fillers, with which you can remedy unevenness in concrete surfaces.
- Without a finish the floor is sensitive to UV radiation. Fortunately, the UV resistance with 1 or 2 coats of a HIM finish coat can easily be improved.